0116 255 1122
0116 255 1122
If you are eligible for Legal Aid we will advise you of this and we can help you to apply.
Please contact us and we will go through with you on whether you satisfy the criteria for Legal Aid.
Our fees for dealing with offences where legal aid eligibility is not met can vary depending on whether the plea is Guilty or Not Guilty and the number of hearings involved.
In some cases, we will be able to offer a fixed fee, but this is subject to an initial assessment to establish that the case is suitable which will depend upon, for example, the complexity of the case, the number of hearings and the nature of your plea.
Our hourly rate will differ depending on the experience of the fee earner dealing with your case as follows:
As an indication, our hourly rates are as follows:
Partner/senior solicitors/solicitor advocates - £250.00 per hour
Other solicitors - £220.00 per hour
Paralegals - £150.00 per hour
Value Added Tax (VAT)
VAT @20% has to be added to our fees and some disbursements.
Examples of our fixed fee charges are detailed below:
Fixed Fee Initial 1 hour Advice (Partner/senior solicitor) – £250 +VAT @20% (£50)(Total £300) This fee covers a consultation for up to 1 hour to discuss your matter with one of our Partner/senior solicitors/solicitor advocates.
Offences dealt with at a single hearing at the Magistrates’ Court – For matters that can only be dealt with at the Magistrates’ Court and are dealt with at a single hearing our fees range from £500 +VAT @20% (half a day) to £1000 +VAT @20% (full day) Services included in this quoted fee:
* Meeting with your Solicitor to provide instructions
* Reviewing initial disclosure and evidence and advising on the relevant laws and procedures including the court process
* Providing you with advice on the initial evidence, your plea, options and likely sentence
* Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
* Confirming the outcome of the Court hearing with you and advising on next steps and any additional costs
We will provide fee information on any additional services, such as sourcing expert witnesses or advising on an appeal as appropriate.
If we have represented you at the first hearing on a fixed fee basis and your case is then adjourned to another date, for example, for a sentence hearing, a trial or a special reasons/exceptional hardship argument, our normal hourly rate would then apply for any subsequent hearing/s.
Where our fees are fixed and include the items detailed above, there may be factors which would typically increase the cost of the fees involved in your case. Where there is likely to be any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided.
Services not included in our fixed fee is if you plead not guilty or there are any circumstances that mean your matter is adjourned, for example your matter is adjourned for trial, this will not be included in the fixed fee and will be charged at the hourly rates above.
Estimate fees of Expenses and Disbursements not included in the fees quoted and subject to quotations at the time of instruction are as follows:
* Instructing Counsel (starting from £800 +VAT @20% (£160) (total £960))
* Interpreters’ fees (starting from £25 + VAT @20% (£2.50) per hour
* Instruction of any expert witnesses. -Each case is assessed on it’s own merits and whilst it is not possible to list every type of expert report that may be required for your case examples, some cost estimates of reports that may be needed are (guideline only and may vary subject to quotation at the time):
* Back calculation report (starting from £500 plus VAT @20%
* Medical Report e.g. letter from your GP or consultant (starting from £100 +VAT @ 20%
* Toxicology Report (starting from £500 +VAT @ 20%
* Costs vary according to your individual circumstances. We will always obtain a quote from the third party and agree the fee with you before commissioning any report. Normally VAT is payable on third party fees.
Travel disbursements – these include mileage charge at £0.45 per mile, parking fees and public transport costs where appropriate. The amount charged will depend upon the distance to be travelled from our office in Leicester. Car Parking is likely to be between £2.50 and £25 depending on the time spent and the location of the car park. These disbursements do generally attract VAT at the rate of 20%.
We are unable to always provide timescales of when your hearing will take place as this will depend on the complexity of the matter and court listings as each case is different.
We shall endeavour to keep you updated about costs and timescales throughout your case and at every stage of the case progression to conclusion.
If you have any questions about any specific fee structure or disbursements that might relate to your case, please contact us at anytime.
We deal with a range of motoring offences. Due to the extensive legislation in this area, it is not possible to list every offence however some examples are below:
* Careless driving
* Dangerous driving
* Driving without a licence/insurance/MOT certificate
* Driving whilst under the influence of drugs or alcohol
* Failing to provide the identification of the driver of a vehicle
* Failing to provide a specimen of breath
* Failing to stop at a traffic light
* Driving a motor vehicle whilst using a handheld device
* Other relevant offences
Motoring Offences: Fixed Fee:
Drink driving offence, guilty plea – fixed fee £600 (including VAT charged at 20%)
The fee does not include:
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
For the best quote for your case, please contact us.